Caring for your new counterops is an important step in protecting your investment.
General Cleaning Tips:
• For all pans and dishes, use coasters and trivets to protect your counters from liquid and excessive heat.
• If you spill, blot (don’t wipe, as this will spread the spill) with a paper towel immediately. Flush the area with water and a mild, non-acidic soap/cleaner and rinse thoroughly. Dry with a soft cloth.
• For regular cleaning, use a neutral cleaner, stone soap, or mild dishwashing detergent with warm water, rinse thoroughly, and dry with a soft cloth. Keep in mind that an excessive concentration of cleaner or soap may leave a film or streaks – follow manufacturer instructions.
• Avoid products containing lemon, vinegar, acids, scouring powders, and rust removers when cleaning your stone.
• Sealing does not make stone stain proof, but stain resistant by acting as a repellant.
• Consult with your stone supplier to decide whether sealing is necessary.
• If you decide to seal your stone in a food preparation area, ensure that is it non-toxic and safe to use. Your supplier will likely be able to recommend a specific type of sealer and the necessary frequency of use.
• Consult your stone supplier, installer, or a restoration specialist for stain advice or other miscellaneous problems.
Here are some products by DuPont® for keeping your stone and tile looking great:
• Professional KlenzAll Cleaner – grease, oil, dirt, and dry soil. Mix concentrate with warm water per bottle instructions. Apply with sponge or sprayer, rinse thoroughly with clean water, reseal area.
• Professional Soap Scum Remover – spray directly on soiled areas, clean with a dry cloth or nylon brush, rinse well and wipe dry with a clean cloth.
• Professional Mold & Mildew Stain Remover - spray directly on soiled areas, clean with a non-abrasive sponge or nylon brush, rinse well and wipe dry with a clean cloth. Repeat as necessary for heavily soiled areas.
• Professional Stone & Tile Cleaner – routine cleaning, mix concentrate with warm water per bottle instructions. Apply with appropriate cleaning equipment depending on surface, then wipe or rinse cleaned area.
• Professional BulletProof Sealer – maximum protection against oil and water-based stains.
• Professional Heavy Duty Sealer – heavy duty protection against oil and water-based stains.
Feel free to visit these websites for more information about stone maintenance.